Pages

Lucy Watson Lipstick- MAC Lustre in See Sheer

Wednesday 18 June 2014


(L-R) Louise Thompson, Lucy Watson. Taken from Lucy Watson's twitter page.
The other day I was re-watching the Made in Chelsea episode where Louise hosted a singles night and I thought I recognized Miss Lucy Watson's lip colour as See Sheer by MAC.I loved the colour on her so I had to see if it was the same colour. Now I can't guarentee it is an exact match but they do look pretty similar and now I have re-discovered my love for See Sheer!

                             


I first heard about this colour from essie button's top 5 mac lipsticks. It is a really pretty warm toned pinky summery shade that MAC describes as a grapefruit colour. I'm really not one for pinks or bright lipsticks because they really don't suit me (seriously..I look like a crazy aunt ). Therefore, this colour is my go to for summer because it's not bright enough to look neon, and not pink enough to not suit my skin tone. It is a Lustre finish which I find is the most comfortable to wear, it glides on the lips and can build up to an almost opaque coverage. A slightly more bold colour than a nude that could be worn at a wedding or a garden party or at the beach. I have also noted that it lasts a long time on my lips, which is always a bonus because I am really not a fan of re-applying and I always forget to anyway.

See Sheer tends to suit a lot of people I find and is a very wearable colour. I do always say that people should definitely try before they buy Mac lipsticks if they can, because I often find that no matter how many swatches I look at online, they always looks different on my lips and skin tone.

I have tried to swap the lighting to get the swatches true to real life but the swatch on my hand looks more like how it looks on Lucy and how it looks in person... oh well I tried, at least you can see how it looks in photos too haha.

So have you tried See Sheer? what's your summer lip colour? do you have any recommendations for me? I'm always on the look for new summer shades :)

Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric