Pages

Re-creating Rihanna's Grammy Makeup

Tuesday 15 July 2014




Hello Lovelies! 
today's post is a little bit different as I was feeling a bit creative yesterday and tried to see if I could re-create one of my favourite Rihanna makeup looks. I think this look is quite glamorous, sophisticated and looks almost effortless (although it did require quite a lot of effort) and could be worn on a night out or to an event. 

First I used my Bourjois healthy mix serum because I wanted to create Rihanna's Dewy skin and this foundation is pretty darn dewy. Her skin looked completely flawless so I used origins Quick Hide! concealer because It had really good coverage and the foundation I used is quite low coverage, also I had rather annoyingly a few imperfections to cover :(. I then finished with stay matte mineral powder from Rimmel around my oilier areas.

Then I tried to create the light contour/brozer she had on her cheeks using a bronzer that I included in my June favourites, Rimmel's Natural Bronzer. I think this bronzer matches what Rihanna was wearing almost exactly except it matches her skin tones a little better than mine I think. I also used Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick in bronze to create the gorgeous golden glow she had on her cheeks.

Next I did my eyebrows using a dark brown colour from the sleek palette 'Oh So Special', I used this because it matches my eyebrow hair colour so It would be easier to create her eyebrow shape. To create the actual shape I lightly outlined her eyebrow shape onto my brows and lightly filled them in, the key word here is lightly because her brows are quite light and this method can result in cartoon brows! if you're not careful. Mine did turn out slightly darker but I think that's probably because mine are naturally quite dark anyway.

Now for the eyes (my favourite part!). I firstly patted 'Pistol' from Naked palette number 2 across the lid using the brush it came with (actually a bloomin' good brush if you ask me). I think this colour was basically the perfect match for the light grey Rihanna was wearing. She also had a golden kind of colour around the crease and up towards the brow bone, so I used 'Half Baked' from the same palette which I then blended using the fluffier side of the Naked 2 brush to create a more subtle spread out of colour on the lid. I then created a small winger eye line using L'Oreal's perfect slim liquid liner in intense black because it's a very dark black that is easy to use. I Finally finished off with Benefit's their real mascara which I have recently fallen back in love with! but I only used a few coats as Rihanna's lashes were quite minimal. 
Some of the products used.

Finally the lips. I don't think I got this spot on as hers are a bit more orangey but I used Chili by MAC as it's one of my favourite reds and was as close as I could get. I have a feeling she was wearing Lady Danger from MAC but I'm yet to purchase that one so I went with Chili but as I say I think Chili was as close as I was going to get as I believe she was wearing a matte shade too and Chili is a nice matte shade.

Hope you enjoyed this look recreation post as much I enjoyed creating and writing about it. I would like to know if you have used any of the products mentioned? If you liked Rihanna's look? and if this is a look you think you would wear? Thankyou for reading!

Love Becky xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric