Pages

Autumnal Make up look

Wednesday 9 September 2015





 Hi Everyone!
so today I thought I would do an autumnal makeup look as it's starting to go into autumn. I know it sounds a bit silly to change your makeup based on what season it is but seeing as I change my clothes and go for a lot darker shades why not change my makeup to fit??

For this look I will be using:
Rimmel Match Perfection foundation
Laura Mercier camoflage concealer
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Mac Espresso Eyeshadow
L'oreal Black lacquer eye liner
No7 Intense volume mascara
Naked 2 palette Half-baked, snakebite and bootycall
Mac's retro matte lipstick
Hourglass dim light powder


Firstly I applied the Rimmel match perfection foundation in the shade 010 light porcelain as i have sadly very much lost the tan I once had :(. I applied this with my fingers as I didn't need a lot of coverage compared to most days and because the weather is relatively still warm I don't like having too much foundation on my skin as I feel like if I put on too much it would just melt off and turn very patchy :/. Usually I would use the real techniques buffing brush to buff in my foundation and build up coverage but I think using your fingers when you need just that bit of coverage can work just as well!


I then when on to add a touch of concealer with a small flat brush to cover any spots or dark circles.

Next I applied my hoola bronzer from benefit, which is a really subtle bronzer that works for a lot of skin tones. Also because it's s matte and subtle I can get away with using it as a great contour even when I have really pale skin. I find that a lot of bronzers are the opposite and because they're so dark or orangey it looks a bit ridiculous next to my naturally fair skin. So I just use this in the natural contours of my cheeks to add more definition to my face. I then applied dim light by hourglass on my cheek bones to give a beautiful glow and add a bit more colour to my face, because even though I like having pale skin I think in autumn my skin still needs livening up with just a bit of colour to make me look a bit more healthy and glowy even when the sun's not out.


Next I did my eyebrows with Mac's Espresso, which is a lovely matte brown that is great for slightly darker eyebrows like mine, but not so dark that you look like you have cartoon eyebrows. I took one of the small angled brushes in the Nic's picks real techniques collection and brushed the shadow through to make my eyebrows stand out a bit more... Unfortunately, we can't all be as blessed as Cara Delevinge in the full eyebrows department.

Next is my favourite part, eyes! I used the naked 2 palette by urban decay to do my eye shadow. Its a really simple eyeshadow look to do I think that just requires a bit of blending. First I take half-baked all over the lid which is a very golden colour that reminded me of autumn and the fallen leaves you get in autumn, then I took snake bite across the crease and outer-corners and lastly I took bootycall in the inner-corners of my eyes to open them up a bit and give the illusion of them being further apart. I applied all the areas with a small flat brush and went over with a small real techniques blending brush and my finger. You'd be surprised how useful you fingers can actually be to help blend your eyeshadow sometimes! 
I then attempted a winged eyeliner and tried to get both sides even. Although you can use any technique to do this I usually go from between the middle of my eye and the inner-corner and drag a very close to the lash line, line toward the corner getting thicker as I go along. I then do a diagonal (ish) line towards the bottom of my eyebrow and just pray that they're both even! 
I then put on my mascara with No7's intense volume, which is ironically good for a more natural lash look.



Finally I put on Mac's Retro Matte lipstick on to finish the look, which is a beautiful red/berry colour. I love using darker lip colours like berry and red in autumn and I think the berry colours go so well with the Half-baked golden eyeshadow.



Thankyou all for reading!! 
Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric