Pages

Nude Mac Lip Pencils

Thursday 10 September 2015



Hello everyone!

Today I thought i'd write about a beauty product that I believe is very underrated in the world of beauty and that is lip pencils.
So what's the point in using a lip pencil? why not just use a lipstick?
Well I personally find it hard to wear a nude lipstick without a lip pencil, especially when it comes to the colour of my lipstick bleeding and making the colour look faded. With a lip pencil it makes you're lip colour stand out and look slick. I think of it as like when you were a kid and it looked worse if you coloured outside of the lines so if you had an black or dark outline to colour inside of,  it made the picture stand out. Also with a lip pencil you can create an outline that makes your lips look bigger and more like Angelina Jolie than miranda sings.


I think everyone seems to be after that Kylie jenner lips look (as it's literally my most popular post!!)  at the moment and although it's come out that she has temporary fillers, the way she creates most of her looks is also with the help of a lip liner. I've heard that she either uses whirl, soar or spice I believe and I can see why because whirl and soar are so good for creating that plumped up lip effect without it looking ridiculous. I look from the photos is simply soar as a base, velvet teddy on top and whirl round the edges. Another trick with liner is to not do a cupid's bow and instead just go straight across as shown in the photo to give the illusion of plumped up larger lips. And in the bottom photo you can really see how the liner almost adds like a subtle ombre look to them, which I really like.
I think in particular Mac are really good for liners as they glide on beautifully, have great colour selections, are long lasting and have great colour pay off! I really love them and they are such a good way to either make your lips stand out or make them look lovely and plumped up.. 100% would recommend.



Thankyou for reading! 
Love Becky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric